Friday, February 22, 2013

Because I have been both.....two articles.
What Not to Say to a Working Mom
OR a Stay At Home Mom

Article #1

Click Here for What Not to Say to a Working Mom by Devon Corneal

My favorite 'what not to say' from this article is....
"I don't know how you do it. It must be so hard.
It is. I don't know how I do it. But I don't think that's because I work, I think it's because parenting is hard whether you stay at home or go off to the office. I don't know how any of us do it. It's glorious and rewarding and full of love and it is the hardest thing I've ever done. Balancing kids with anything else, whether a paying job or running a household or finding time to watch Honey Boo Boo, is nearly impossible." - Devon Corneal

Article #2

Click Here for Stay-At-Home Moms: What You Should NEVER Say To Them by Amy Shearn

My favorite 'what not to say' from this article is....
"7. “Enjoy every minute!” Like the minute when the children’s coordinated tantrums are so noisy they set the neighborhood dogs howling? Like the minute when everyone poops at once, and none of them where they should?......." - Amy Shearn
For more articles and blog posts of note - see the Must Reads page.

- Mama Bee No E

2 comments :

  1. Can I also add that I hate when people ask what I do all day -- like with my free time. Especially when that someone is a relative...an in-law. For some reasons, parents who have multiple kids forget that your first child takes up a lot of time BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! It is as if they think I forgot how crazy their lives were with their first child. Because they have 3 kids and I have one, that I must be sipping tea and getting massages all day. The minute I think I have things figured out Harper learns to do something new -- which is great -- and means that I have to learn to keep up with her. I could go on and on -- I just needed to vent. (I sometimes do drink tea in the morning, but never all day. ha.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vent any time :) Even thought I now have two, I definitely remember how hard the first one was, after all, it wasn't that long ago. I remember how going to run one errand would wipe me out for the whole day - oh, wait. that still happens :)

      Delete