Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 2013

I was looking at the calendar for this week and noticed that the last day of February was soon upon me. In honor of the last day of February, I thought I would post some of my thoughts and a review of some of my family's milestones for the month.

I know for some, February is not a favored month, but I really like February, especially this past one.

The wreath in my kitchen.


Here are a couple of reasons why.


For one, I started decorating for Valentines Day because I knew the boys would love it and they did. As soon as I hung up my heart wreath in the kitchen, F kept pointing to it and getting so excited.

February 9th - #2's Baby Dedication


This day, we dedicated B at our church. The whole time during the ceremony I kept saying to myself "I can't believe time has flown by so fast. I am a mommy of TWO. We are a family of FOUR." B looked so grown up, not like a baby anymore. It was a special time for our family to dedicate back to the Lord what he has given to us. Look for a post coming soon where I write more about the dedication service and it's significance.

February 14th - Valentines Day


I love this holiday. It is not really a super exciting day for me usually, but that is kind of what I like about it. This year, my husband was really sick in the bed. He had been struggling with a head cold and was completely off the grid that day. I spent the day with my boys, doing the usual daily routine. But for some reason, I kept remembering all throughout the day 'Hey, it is valentines day.' Every time I thought this, I would look at my boys and wish them a happy valentines day and they would smile at me and #1 would give me a hug. At lunch time, Josh got out of bed to get something to drink and eat a small meal - I went to the living room to settle the boys before their nap. When I came back in the kitchen, there was a card for me on the counter. He had gotten it the night before while he was out getting himself Nyquil. Some of you may be saying - 'that is not very romantic'. To me it is. My husband works ALL the time to support our family so that I can stay home with the kids. I am thankful that he thought of me, even though he had a crazy work week and was not feeling well. After we were done exchanging cards, he went directly back to bed :)

The bulletin board in the kitchen

February 15th - 10 year anniversary of Our Engagement


Josh proposed to me on this day ten years ago. I was totally shocked because he had spent so much money the night before taking me out for Valentines and I knew that after that it would be a while before we would go out again. Boy was I wrong. One of the happiest days of my life.

Our Engagement Announcement


February 24th - #2's First Tooth


Yes, that is right. My six month old has his first tooth, I can't really see it yet when he smiles. But I can definitely feel that sharp edge poking out of the gum. He is growing up too fast!

February 25th - Playtime Together


This was the first day my two boys played together as playmates. Trading toys back and forth. #2 was so excited to play with the 'big boy' toys that #1 has. It was precious to see. I can't wait for many more days of this.

I hope your February was a good one.

- Mama Bee No E

No comments :

Post a Comment