Saturday, February 23, 2013

'Soup without the Soup'

It has been a week since I have been to the grocery store and I won't be going until tonight. I look up and it is 11:30 am - the time when #1 usually eats lunch. I sulk over to the pantry because I know there isn't much.....

I have been in this situation so many times. Thing is, my toddler still needs to eat. One day, I found myself in this place and thought of an idea. What if I heated up this soup I have but only gave him the solid pieces (because he insists on feeding himself)? He would not only get a hot lunch, but in one can I have a protein, vegetables, and pasta AND I can have it on the table in three minutes. AWESOOOOOOME!



This, my friends, is the perfect fix -  'Soup without the Soup'




I always keep a couple of cans of Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup in my pantry (any broth based soup with chunks of food will work in place of this) as a resource for meals.

Here are a few of scenarios where 'Soup without the Soup' has saved my Mama backside:

- Nothing in the pantry.
- Toddler refuses to eat the main meal I have cooked.
- Toddler can't eat the main meal I have cooked because it has nuts, seafood, or some other toddler unfriendly ingredient.


- Mama Bee No E


No comments :

Post a Comment