Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Healing Powers of Aquaphor

If you watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding back in the day, you may remember that Nia's father, Gus, used Windex on any and all physical ailments. Well, I am kind of like that with Aquaphor, especially in the winter season.

It may seem expensive (a 3 oz. tube goes for about $7.00), but it lasts a LONG time. I like it better than Vaseline because it is thicker in consistency and goes on smoother. It also seems less oily/greasy to me.
I have used it in the following situations with my boys:

1. wind burn on cheeks
2. eczema
3. scratches and cuts
4. under the nose to protect it from excessive snot and tissue wipes
5. burns (Click here to read more on this topic in my post 'Safety Check List')
6. chapped lips
7. dry scalp
8. around a runny eye (Beckett's right eye always seems to be running)
9. under diaper cream for really bad diaper rash
10. coat the end of a rectal thermometer
11. MY DRY/CRACKED HANDS from changing at least 10 diapers a day for the last 2 years :)


As time goes by, I am sure that I will come up with other scenarios in which I use my beloved Aquaphor.  I will make sure to add them to the list.

Additional Note: I prefer the squeeze tube to the tubs because the tube keeps the unused portion free from contaminants.

Click here to access the Aquaphor website

No comments :

Post a Comment