Sunday, March 31, 2013

Why Eggs?

If you have been following my posts this week, you may have noticed a theme :) Yes, I have been having a blast with my family celebrating Easter via fun egg related activities and decorating. It has been over 20 years since I have celebrated Easter in this way and never have I celebrated Easter with a week long celebration.

It hit me about half way through this week, why eggs? Why are eggs part of a Easter?


"Easter eggs are used as a Christian symbol to represent the empty tomb. The outside of the egg looks dead but inside there is new life, which is going to break out. The Easter egg is a reminder that Jesus will rise from His tomb and bring new life." 
- excerpt from Anne Jordan's Book, Christianity.


I am at a stage in my life where there is much new life. This is the first spring in two years in which I haven't been carrying around 20+ extra pounds. March 2011, I was 8 months pregnant with [F]. March 2012, I was 5 months pregnant with [B]. I am experiencing this season without a baby on board, but WITH two very special littles by my side.

These two new lives that I have helped bring into the world renew a charge for me as a Christian. To celebrate fully and completely this important season. Which means enjoying the company of my little family, but also discussing and resonating on what was accomplished for us on this day so many years ago.


"There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.......The angel said..."Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said."
- Matthew 28:2-6





Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead...
- 1 Peter 1:3 


"New birth into a living hope"..........Living Hope. - that is a hope that is alive. A hope that has breath and a very realness for us today in our circumstances. A hope that allows us to commune with Our Creator. Without this hope, without Jesus' perfect sacrifice - we would be cast away from the very presence of God because of our sinfulness. What a gift!

My boys can't comprehend what all of this means now. But I know that I if I don't consider the significance of this and humble myself before the Lord in light of this great gift - they may miss out on this incredible love.

So, as we celebrate with fun egg activities here on Mama Bee No E it, let us also recognize the specialness of this season.

Happy Easter.

- Mama Bee No E

This post is wrap up to my Easter Series.....










No comments :

Post a Comment