Saturday, March 23, 2013

Egg Week 2013

Last week I did a google search 'egg decorating for toddlers', thinking that I would get some tips on how to decorate easter eggs with [F] without it being a traumatic experience for him or for me.

I found SO many things I wanted to try with him that I decide to do a whole week of 'egg' stuff. I have planned the activities, bought the supplies, and braced myself for whatever happens :)

I am sure of a couple of things....

  • it is going to be really messy and I will have to clean it up - but I am always cleaning anyway so what is the difference? :)
  • some of the crafts may bomb, that is okay - the point is to explore.
  • [B] won't be participating because he is still too young, but he will either be close with us or napping throughout the process :)
  • my husband and I will be participating (I have a few eggs set aside just for us :)

I will post the experience and results throughout the week.

One more thing......

We are on a TIGHT budget around here these days - so my goal is not to spend more than $20 total for all the activities. I will keep a running tally of how much each activity costs and the budget left for the week.

Do you have Easter decorating plans with your kids? Any advice for a mom who is dying eggs for the first time in over 20 years?

Click on the images below to view details of each activity....

Glitter Eggs







- Mama Bee No E

This post is linked up with Build 'Em Up Series @ Blue Eyed Bride

4 comments :

  1. Leila - I always think about the boys clothes not getting messed up......not my clothes :) Good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rae- You will have to stay posted :)

    ReplyDelete