Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Am Worthy of More Than Excuses

Sometimes, I just don't want to do it. I don't want to workout.

Sometimes, when it is my night to workout - I dread it all day. I know I should workout. I know I have to workout - I just don't like it.

I am not one of those people who crave working out....who feels incomplete if they have missed a workout. I wish I was one of those people, but I am not.

Over my thirty-two years of life, I have become quite skilled at coming up with excuses to justify not working out....

....too busy, too tired, too weak, too out of shape, too distracted, too depressed, too excited.....you name it...if I have felt it.....I have used it as an excuse to not workout.

I have been cheating myself out of so many things with these excuses. I have deprived myself of goals that are hard to achieve, but ARE achievable.

I have been lying to myself, telling myself that these excuses are good enough for me.


I am worthy of more than excuses


There a few of things
that I have learned to do that help me fight these excuses and actually workout.

- [Set up all my needed equipment before I start] so that I have absolutely no excuse to get up during my workout.

- [Workout after my babies go to bed] so that I can't use them as an excuse.

- [Workout every other day] so that I know I always have a day of rest coming my way.

- [Put my workout clothes on early in the evening] walking around in them a bit actually helps my motivation.

- [Journal my workout] I have been doing this for sometime personally, but have just started publishing them here on the blog. Sometimes the only thing that gets me going is reading back and reminding myself of how far I have come.

- [Don't beat myself up] If I have missed a day, week, or month of working out - it is not too late to start over.

- [Have an at-home workout option] I love working out in the gym and the community of taking classes but I can't afford it at this time. If I have something I can do at home - money, weather, time...are no longer excuses.

I hope this list inspires and encourages you to stay with it, start over, or begin your restoration journey.

Are there any things you do to keep from giving in to excuses when it comes to working out?

For more details on my current workout routine checkout my Restoration Page.

*This post is dedicated to Emily, my sister, who constantly encourages me in my working out.

This is post is linked up with the Build Em' Up Series @ Blue Eyed Bride, Kelly's Korner, Lil Light O' Mine, and Life in the Green House.

- Mama Bee No E

10 comments :

  1. I like short challenges with a deadline. For example, signing up for a 5k race or starting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. That's my current challenge. I have a piece of paper taped on the wall above my computer with the numbers 1 through 30 on it. Everyday that I work out gets and X through it :) I love putting that X down on paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like Jillian Michaels so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do! It's feeling a little repetitive, but it's nice that I don't have to think or plan. AND it's only 20 minutes. If Roan's naps aren't long enough for me to do all I need to do and work out, then I just put him in his exersaucer and he watches. He thinks it's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks Bee. Everything you said in this post is a testament that you have made excersize a part of your life. Not just something you do but part of who you are. Showing up is always half of the battle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 20 minutes....now that is what I am talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit -- I am the Queen of Excuses. Really I should just focuses my excuses on why I NEED to work out as opposed to why I don't WANT to work out. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Natashajk! I definitely need to do that. Thanks for stopping by Mama Bee No E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Find a way to make it your time to renew/relax. Remember that you'll be a better mama to your kids if you can take time for yourself. I used to reward myself with 30 mins of reading after working out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molly, that is a great way to look at....haven't thought about it like that before. I also love the reading reward. I love to read, but don't get to do it as often as I would like. This is a great way to make time for it.

    ReplyDelete