Sunday, March 17, 2013

Workout Journal 2013: 3/11 - 3/17



Tuesday 3/12 (Shaking Things Up)

After taking Sunday off, I was ready to do some sort of working out today. All day, I was anticipating it, but felt that I didn't want to do the Tracy Anderson Mat workout.....I wanted some sort of cardio. So, I ran - for 20 minutes, back and forth on the flat stretch of road in front of my house (because it was dark). It was a brisk 54 degrees. I set my Pandora to some obnoxiously intense station, stretched, and set out for a run.

Now. Those of you who have know me forever are saying 'WHAT!?, Brook went running?'. Yes. I went running - and it actually didn't feel terrible. The 3rd loop was the worst of the 6 that I completed but over all - I enjoyed the cool air and my elevated heart rate. I don't have any plans to take up running, but this is a quick, at home, intense cardio option for me - I will probably use it from time to time to mix things up.

Wednesday 3/13

This was not supposed to be my normal workout night, but I will not be able to workout tomorrow (3/14) - so I worked out tonight.

I completed the Tracy Anderson Post-Pregnancy DVD. I didn't really want to do it - but I did it.

I felt okay overall, but could tell by my weakness that I hadn't worked these muscles in a couple of days. There was one little bright light, during the piking series I was a little closer to being able to do an unmodified pike (once I have completely accomplished this move - I plan to video it celebrate my victory :). I am still a ways off, but was happy with what little progress I felt. My plan is to rest until my next scheduled workout day Saturday 3/16.

Thursday 3/14 - Sunday 3/17

It is now Sunday evening and I have not worked out since Wednesday. On Thursday night, I was slapped in the face with a mean head cold and some serious laryngitis. Each day I have been assessing my energy level to see if working out is even a possibility. It hasn't been :( This bout of sickness has really given me a run for my money. Hopefully, I will be up and running tomorrow night (3/18).

Thanks for reading.

- Mama Bee No E

1 comment :

  1. please excuse this test comment.

    ReplyDelete