Sunday, April 28, 2013

Little #1 Turns 2 - A Lorax Themed Birthday

My biggest little, [F], turned two this past weekend. As I mentioned in a recent Kid's Book Recommendation - he is in love with the Lorax. So, we decided to throw him a Lorax Themed Birthday Party.  We had a blast.

Lorax Themed Birthday Party

Funny side note - my family and I realized that there was something 'not right' about the birthday banner later on that evening when we were having dinner together. The [a]'s are backward :) A classic case of 'mama brain' in action as I was making this banner late one night :)

Truffula Tree Cupcakes
I decided to do cupcakes this year and it worked out wonderfully.

These 'Truffula Tree' Cupcakes are topped with a paper straw and a ball of cotton candy.


Tip: When working with cotton candy, put it in the refrigerator if you are prepping it ahead of time. It doesn't last very long out in the open air. In fact, by the end of the party the ones left over were starting to melt.


In the story, the Truffula Trees are yellow, orange, pink and purple - because we were throwing a boy birthday party we chose to go with blue.

The extra cotton candy we put on top of straws and popped in a jar for guests to enjoy.
Lorax Themed Party Food

We also had Humming-Fish in Water (Swedish Fish), Humming-Fish on Land (Cheddar Goldfish), Brown Bar-ba-loots (Chocolate Teddy Grames), Bar-ba-loot Treats (Marshmallows), and Truffula Seeds (Mixed Nuts).

The orange Lorax punch is a mixture of Orange Sherbet, Sprite, and Club Soda.

We Say Let It Grow Sign

In the kitchen we had some party favors and a photo booth set up. At first, people were shy about getting their picture taken, but it wasn't long until everyone was having a blast with it. I plan to have a photo booth at every party in the future :)

Lorax Party Photo Booth




(Above) The backdrop to the photo booth is recycled comics.
(Below) I found these grow kits at Target for $1 - So cute.

Lorax Party Favors

Our Papa artist in residence drew up a Lorax Scene and had everyone sign it as a birthday card to our Little Man. As you can see, [F] had fun coloring it too :)

Hand Drawn Lorax Birthday Card

Such sweet memories we made with Little Man. Can't wait for [B]'s first birthday in July.

Check out my [Brook@MamaBeeNoE] Birthday Party Pinterest Board for more ideas.

Party Inspiration came from [Left Coast Mama], [Hank and Hunt], [Hostess with the Mostess], and [The Lorax Movie].

You may also enjoy....
Earth Day 2013
The Lorax
Egg Week 2013

This post is part of my Diary.

- brook.

6 comments :

  1. Aww, it looked awesome! Great creativity! Thanks for sharing! Happy Birthday F. I think my favorite were the cupcakes ;) so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Decordev - The cupcakes were fun to make and SO easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!!! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, lady. Are you going to post about Harpers? I would love to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete