Thursday, April 4, 2013

Crying Over Spilt Tylenol

These past couple of days have worn me down to a nub -  a weary, worn out version of myself. My oldest has been struggling with insanely high fevers and my youngest has been teething. In addition, my husband has been really sick in the bed - so I have been fighting the good fight solo. The crying and whining has been at an all time high and more specifically - off the chain.

To say that the [crying] was off the chain doesn’t even begin to describe; this [crying fest] broke the chain in half. [The amount of crying] melted the chain down and using precious metals made an even crazier chain.
- modified quote from The Honest Toddler 

I realized just how crazy it had gotten when I started crying....over tylenol that spilt on [B]'s shirt. It was a little thing, but like every other little thing....it hadn't gone without a mess or mistake.



Every mom has been here. And every mom in this place needs encouragement, because times like these are part of the deal of motherhood and will always feel insane and overwhelming in the moment. Times like these force a mother to choose - between patient and impatience - steadfastness or meltdown. I was headed for the later in both of these cases - so I sought out some comforting words of encouragement.

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
- Galatians 6:9 

In my words....
Child rearing is not a business of quick rewards. Results come over a lifetime of consistent investment. This is the Lord saying to me, "Hold fast....dear mama....Hold fast."

Jesus said "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 

In my words....
Only in my weakness do I remember who is the only source of unfailing strength through hard times. Without this grace, I am a nub....a screaming, crying....out of control nub of a mother.

I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy, For you have considered my trouble; You have known my soul in adversities...
- Psalm 31:7 

In my words....
The beauty in all of this mess is that the Lord knows my soul so well. He knew it was off the chain at my house and that I would cry right after I spilt the Tylenol. He also has just the right encouragement to help this mama keep it moving.

Have you been here lately?

- Mama Bee No E

You may also enjoy...
White Knuckled and Weary - Trying to Draw Blood from a Stone

This post is linked up with.....Lil Light O' Mine, Blue Eyed Bride, Life in the Green House, Kelly's Korner.

5 comments :

  1. A slightly less off-the-chain experience at our house, but testing my patience no less. Sending you big hugs and hoping that your family will start feeling better soon. Your boys are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alyson. Your words are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you enjoyed it, Sunni. Thanks for stopping by Mama Bee No E!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you enjoyed it, Jennifer. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete