Monday, April 1, 2013

Workout Journal 2013: 3/25 - 3/31



Tuesday 3/26

I did not want to workout today (hence this post). It has been over a week and my motivation has taken a pretty good hit during that time. I have started to feel achy and weak while sick. I don't want to go to far down that path (I have spent long enough that place) so, I forced myself to do the DVD and actually, it wasn't that bad. I am glad that I waited until I felt 100% before jumping back in, just wish it wasn't so hard to get back started. Hopefully the rest of the week will continue to get better.

Thursday 3/28

Today, my workout goals conflicted with my husband's goals for the evening. He wanted to relax and watch TV (Whale Wars to be exact :) and the living room is usually where I workout. Thing about it is - I wanted to watch Whale Wars too. So, I did AND worked out at the same time.

I learned that I know the workout so well, that now I can do it without the DVD :) I was just as sweaty and tired at the end as if I was doing it with the DVD. I don't want to get in the habit of doing it this way (mainly because having a 100% focus on the workout is a good way to clear my head) - but it is nice to have the flexibility.

Sunday 3/31

I didn't get my workout in yesterday because my oldest little has come down with a mean virus. After taking care of an erratic, indecisive, emotional sicky - I was exhausted. So, I worked out tonight instead. I ended up doing only abs in front of the TV watching Whale Wars again :)

I needed a shorter workout because I didn't get to it until 10pm. When that is the case, I always default to the abs because that is my main problem area with strength training. It went well. I felt strong and I am loving that feeling.

One benefit I am finding about this workout, is that if I do it consistently - a break, even a week or so - doesn't put me back too far.

I am pondering trying out Jillian Micheals 30 day Shred as a go to for days when I need a shorter routine....we shall see.

Thanks for reading.

For more details on my workout routine and goals check out my Restoration Page.

No comments :

Post a Comment