Monday, April 29, 2013

Workout Journal 4/22 - 4/28


I came into this week knowing I was going to have to do better with working out. Although I don't regret taking time off to do other things important to me, a BIG reason I have seen results is because of consistency, slow and steady wins this race. So the reason I am working out this week is to be consistent.

Two things that really helped motivate me this week were.....

1. I started a Pinterest account and created a 'Fitness and Restoration Board' to inspire me when I am feeling yucky about working out. Below is the image that really helped me through this week.



2. I watched Tracy Anderson's 5 tips for Motivation. I came across this at the beginning of my Restoration journey and I reference it from time to time when I feeling blah.




Monday 4/22
I did the entire Tracy Anderson Post-Pregnancy DVD. I am seeing huge results with my arms and a little progress with my abs and my legs. My strength is building each time, but I have to admit that I am getting impatient with this little layer of fat on my stomach. I know this is going to take the longest to go away but if I am consistent in challenging myself, it will go away. Slow and steady.....:)

Wednesday 4/24
I was not feeling myself today - I felt kind of like I was in a fog. This held true through my work out. I had the motivation going in, but half way through I felt like someone had popped my balloon. I had no energy and was feeling a little dizzy. I started by dancing a couple of songs to my Club Dancin' playlist for the month. This wasn't part of the original plan but once I put my headphones in I almost couldn't stop myself from dancing :) At the end of the second song, I felt I need to slow down to lower pace so I completed the ab and arm sequence of the DVD (which is about 30 minutes). It is nights like these that I wish the DVD was a little shorter. I don't like the feeling of not finishing but sometimes - it is just too much.

Friday 4/26
Tonight I had a great time with family by the campfire - eating smores......lots of them. When we got home, I had this uncanny urge to workout. So, I jumped on it. All of my regular workout clothes were dirty, so I threw on a pair of spandex shorts and a sports bra and hit the yoga mat. This outfit actually made my workout better.

Because I basically had on nothing, I was able to really see my body as I worked out. This helped me to focus on each move. I was able to see my how each series affected my muscles. I think that I will dress like this more frequently (good thing I workout in my living room, right :)

I have been mulling over in my mind a couple of options to give myself another big push. I feel like I have gotten into a hum drum routine and need to push myself to the next level with my fitness. I will keep you posted of my plans.

Sunday 4/28
I have been on such a roll with motivation this week. It has felt really good. I worked out again tonight to the Post Pregnancy DVD. I felt stronger tonight in the first portion of the abs. Of course, the piking series is a beast and will probably be the last section I will be able to physically conquer. I am proud of myself for what I accomplished this week. I hope that it continues.

Read more about my complete workout routine on my Restoration page.

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

2 comments :

  1. Love your motivation! That being said, the thought of seeing myself work out in spandex and a sports bra and NOTHING else is, well, quite frankly FRIGHTENING! Reading you blog does keep me motivated to work out in shorts and an over sized t-shirt, so thanks a million for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Leila :) You make me laugh :) So glad you are in it with me.

    ReplyDelete