Tuesday, May 28, 2013

DIY [Stationary] - From a Toddler

This week I had to catch up on thank you notes from my son's 2nd Birthday party. I wanted the notes to be personal and as much [F]'s creation as possible - out of that came some DIY stationary that I wanted to share with you.



Step 1: Take some card stock paper (I used water color paper, because that is what I had) and place a piece of FROG TAPE in any area you want to save for writing a short note.

*Tip: the tape is extremely important. My husband uses Frog Tape to paint murals and found it to be THE BEST painters tape....it masks perfectly and doesn't damage the original surface.


Step 2: Apply art media. Allow your toddler to be creative in what ever way they want :) [F] used finger paint, stickers, watercolor, and rubber stamps.


Step 3: Pull tape off immediately. With the stickers, you have to use an X-acto around the edges before you pull the tape up.

*Tip: Although Frog Tape is amazing, it works best if it is not left on there too long. One thing I learned is that you have to be super careful not to allow wet material on the tape to get on your fingers and damage the toddler artwork. So.....proceed with caution.


Step 4: Allow artwork to dry.


Step 5: Write the message. My toddler isn't old enough to write...so I wrote for him :)

Viola! Beautiful, customized notes from your little one.


You may also enjoy....

Egg Week 2013
Lorax Themed Birthday Party

This post is part of my Diary.

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

1 comment :