Thursday, May 9, 2013

Workout Journal 2013: 4/29 - 5/5



Tuesday 4/30
Today I did strength training with the Post-Pregnancy DVD. As I mentioned before, I am in a little bit of a rut with this training. I am in between milestones and feel like it has been a while since I have felt a new accomplishment with it. BUT, I will not use that as an excuse to give up. I still have my long term goal of mastering this DVD by July 30th [B]'s first birthday and my plan is to keep at it.

Thursday 5/2
Today, I did Club Dancin' Cardio with my new May 2013 Playlist. I was really getting tired of the songs from April.....so this new mix has me pumped to get back to dancing. Funny thing I did tonight out of no where - when it got to the Flo Rida song "Club Can't Handle Me", I felt the sudden urge to run.....and I did :) in a loop around my front room into my living room and back again. Something about that song gave me this sudden burst of energy :) My dog, Fig, caught on to what I was doing about half way through the song and she ran with me....probably thinking her mama has lost her mind. It was a good night of cardio.

Saturday 5/4
Tonight was another night of strength training - nothing new to report. The piking series is still the bane of my workout existence.


Couple of Smoothie Recipes from this week:

My sisters introduced me to protein smoothies....(I know, I am really late to get on this band wagon) and I love them. It is the perfect lunch for me because that time of day I am all over the place - feeding the kids lunch and cleaning the house. Here are some combinations I have tried.....

Peaches, Spinach, 2% milk, protein, ice. (make sure to blend extra long to break up the spinach)
Strawberries, Blueberries, 2% milk, protein, ice.
Mango, Peach, Avocado, 2% milk, protein, ice.

A good way to measure amount of liquid is to fill the container you want to drink from 1/2 way with milk and ice (thanks Em, for this tip). As far as the fruit - I just throw some in there and don't measure. It has turned out yummy every time.

This is the protein powder that I have tried from Publix ($13.99 for about 13 oz.) and it is excellent! I will definitely be going back for more once I am done with this.



Read more details about my entire workout routine on my Restoration Page.

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

No comments :

Post a Comment