Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer Reading 2013

Hello all you summer readers (I am finding that there are quite a few of you). Over the past couple days we have been exchanging titles over Facebook and I thought I would compile them into one list for everyone's reference.

*** I have not read all of the books on this list, I am highlighting them as potential reads for the summer. So if you read one that is not your favorite, please keep this in mind - they are 'suggestions' made to me by some of my good friends.

Couple of things...

  • they are not listed in any particular order
  • thanks to Leila, Emily, Alyson and Amy for the suggestions.
  • the links lead to where I pulled the cover images....this may or not be the best place to purchase - personally, I check them out from the library :)
  • if you have a title to suggest, please leave a comment below (or on Facebook) and I will add the cover to the list below.
Happy summer reading!










{Prequel to this book: Shanghai Girls}



Click here to find the Reading List Archives.

- brook.

2 comments :

  1. You know I could keep you busy with books! Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight, The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes,The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng, Italian Shoes by Henning Mankell, Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walker and State of Wonder by Ann Patchet. The books in this short list are excellent...in my mind, and lastly I'll add The Radleys by Matt Haig which is a different, wonderful kind of Vampire story. Oh wait! If you loved The Hunger Games you will like Veronica Roth's Divergent series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Approve.

    Take Care,

    Brook Powell

    ReplyDelete