Thursday, July 4, 2013

Our Rainy 4th [2013]


Today we celebrated the 4th of July in the SOAKING, wet rain. It has been continuously pouring for a little over 24 hours and is probably not going to stop until tomorrow.

To fight the bad weather, we did some 4th of July crafts with our little people.

Here were the results.....

Water Color Fireworks...



Round 1 with Mama.....I made the mistake of having the water color paint out when we did this and as you can see there was a little smoke during our firework show :)


Round 2 with Daddy......and only water....and obviously the more artistically talented parent :)

Fireworks in a Bottle.....



This was probably the favorite for the day. [F] really enjoyed putting all the decorations in the bottle.

TIP: I hot glued the top once I filled it with water. Good thing I did, because the first thing he tried to do when I handed it to him....was open it :)

We made a large one and a small one. [B] loved the largest one best because he could roll it all over the kitchen floor. All in all this is a great young toddler activity and one that could be themed for any occasion.


Firework Painting....



This activity was lots of fun...but I learned a couple of things.

- It is probably best to have a couple of 'Pipe Cleaner Stamps' pre-made because they get coated with paint really quickly.

- Also, per Josh's suggestion, turn the pipe clear edges down in one direction so that you get the dropping effect that real fireworks show as they fall in the sky.

- And each color paint should be squirted into its own container (so that the colors don't get muddy).

Either way, [F] had a blast....Obviously, as you can see above, I couldn't keep the paper coming fast enough :)

I believe he was depicting the grand finale in this piece :)


Special Thanks To....

My friend and regular Mama Bee No E reader, Mia, for sending me these pics of 4th of July craft time with her girls... :)



AND.....to the following blogs for the craft ideas.....

{The Life of Jennifer Dawn}

{No Twiddle Twaddle}

{Juggling with Kids}

I hope you guys had a great 4th of July 2013.

- brook.

2 comments :

  1. Wish we could have celebrated with you guys. We celebrated with a bonfire and smores! Miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too, ladybug.

    And if we were together....I would have killed some smores! I hope you ate one for me :) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete