Monday, July 22, 2013

I did it....

...well, only one. BUT I did one perfectly without modification.

It has taken me 9 months and 21 days to physically be able to do this......



....one time :) Of course, Tracy Anderson calls for like 10 of these in the workout - I will get there, eventually. But for now, I am going to enjoy this moment of all my hard work.

This particular move has haunted me since I began my recovery from 2 sections and a hernia repair. Although I have reached many other milestones in my Restoration Journey, I am exceptionally proud of this one because it means that I am getting stronger in my lower abdomen and groin which is the weakest area of my body.

I was going to video myself doing it, but after I did one, I was shaking too much to be able to do another well enough :)

The video above is from Tracy Anderson's [Post Pregnancy Workout DVD]. Those of you who followed my Workout Journal from April to June of this year know that I can't say enough good things about it.

It has been a while since I have checked in with all my workout buddies. I hope you are doing well and sticking to it. Let me know what you have been up to lately....any milestones (big or small) for you?

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

1 comment :

  1. Yay! Good for you! I have incorporated many of her exercises into my routine. BUT, do not be too hard on yourself with regard to repetitions because if you watch her videos closely you will notice they are spliced and repeat the same one movement over and over. I noticed on an arm video I was following thinking my gosh how does she do it??...as my arms were beginning to flop and she stayed so fresh and flawless long after I gave up. I real life I'm sure she sweats! My milestone is being able to keep my arms up with weights longer than ever...thanks to Tracy's "seemingly" endless endurance video. (I'm a weeny arm)

    ReplyDelete