Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce

ISBN#:978-1-4424-5702-7

Today marked the end of the summer reading program at our local library. I was pleasantly surprised by how much [F] enjoyed keeping track of his reading. Today, there was a little reward store that he could cash in his 'book bucks' for prizes - he had so much fun with it.

In honor of [F]'s love for reading this summer, I thought I would feature a book that is all about loving books and reading throughout a lifetime.

A while back, my husband purchased the Ipad app for The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce. I fell in love with the story immediately.

Then, our friends, Chris and Beth gave [F] the printed book for this 2nd birthday. It is one we will keep forever.


In the story, Morris hits hard times in his life and finds comfort and friendship in books. These books are there with him until the end.

Watch the trailer for the book and short film below:


And read more about this story @ www.morrislessmore.com

Find more book recommendations on my Kid's Books page.

- brook.

2 comments :

  1. Awe! He lives in my town. He is a super nice guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Approve.

    Take Care,

    Brook Powell

    ReplyDelete