Friday, September 13, 2013

I should have cut myself some slack...

Now that I am almost completely done with healing from 2 pregnancies -

I know - I should have cut myself some slack along the way.

It wasn't that I didn't take good care of myself - I did.

It wasn't that I was impatient with my process - I was.

It was that deep down in my heart - I wasn't okay with the fact that I had to go through it all. Twinges of frustration here or there sparked up in my mind when I had to depend on others or when I thought about the fact I was no longer at 'my prime'.

What I would say to my day old, three month old, and 9 month old mama self is this.....

First, the strength will come back - some better than ever - with time.....with work.

Secondly, this journey of healing is a gift.

It gives you...

1. an intimate knowledge of your physical self

2. a respect for the aging process.

3. and finally.....the understanding that you can live at 'your prime' in every stage of life.


You may also enjoy....

My Restoration journey.

What every woman should know about C-Sections.

Thanks for reading.

- brook


No comments :

Post a Comment