Saturday, November 9, 2013

DIY [Photo Frame] With An Embroidery Hoop


A while back, I mentioned on Facebook that I was doing a Master Bedroom 'Refresh'. Well, I am finally ready to share it with you. Yea!

I am going to start by featuring a few DIY projects that I completed for this room and then I will do a complete room reveal in a later post.

First up - a DIY Photo Frame with an Embroidery Hoop. This project is SOOOOOOOO easy. I mean E-A-S-Y and even better.....cheap.

I wanted to display one of our wedding photos in a unique way and got this idea from Country Living Magazine. In one of their latest issues they featured this lovely project from Jessica Martinez and her book Stitched Gifts.

The total cost of this project for me (with the daily 40% of coupon from Hobby Lobby) = Just over $1

Materials:
Embroidery Hoop - I used an 8" hoop
Black Embroidery thread
Fabric (from my sewing stash) 
Wedding Photo (from my proof album)

The beauty of this project is you can mix it up in so many ways - use a colorful printed fabric or a different color thread. I would love to have a whole wall of these (with much larger hoops). I told this to Josh and he said "Hold on there, crafty....let's start with one" :) So, for now we will stick with this one in a cozy little corner.

Click here for a complete 'How To' Guide to completing this project.

Wedding Photo taken by Rebecca Walker.

This post is from my Diary.

You may also enjoy...


Thanks for reading.

- brook.


No comments :

Post a Comment