Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Payment

Yesterday, I wrote a short 5 minute essay reflecting on this past week at my house.

Today, I further that essay with writing about 'the payment'.

My boys are 2 and 1. Just wanted to put that out there to 'set the stage'.

For those who are not in the middle of toddler raising, that equals - budding communication skills with frequent emotional interjections :) AND electronic devices of any kind equal CRACK ROCK (the high, while it lasts, is pleasant...but the crash afterward is intense).

Well, people, we are in detox at our house. Today, our family regained some semblance of normalcy. I finally cleaned the kitchen completely :) and there was more on the agenda than watching TV.

As I said in my last post - I knew from the moment I made this 'not very good deal' with myself - that there would be payment and it would be stiff.

We made it until mid-morning and then came the first payment due. [F], my two year old asked, "Hey mom, can we watch Justin Time again?"

After I told him 'no', the most amazing physical reaction occurred.

Like a vibration from the center of the earth, [F]'s body began to shake and writhe out of control.....

his voice was set to repeat, making sure that I understood what he had asked me the first time.

This 'episode' continued for a couple of minutes until he was a hot, sweaty, slobbery mess on the floor and then began the heartbreak phase.

He came and sat in my lap and patted my back crying big, wet tears. "But, mommy....I wanna.....(you fill in the blank :)"

This was one of many necessary payment transactions to get little man back on the road to a fruitful, all things in moderation, life :)

Check out yesterday's post here.

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

No comments :

Post a Comment