Monday, January 13, 2014

14

degrees Farenheit, feels like 2 degrees, with a Lo of 8 degrees. That was the temperature in my neck of the woods at 7:45 pm on 1/6/2014.

I have never in my 33 years experienced temperatures like this.....so I went outside to feel it. I had been in the house with my two toddlers all day and I wanted to feel it for just a minute.

The air was sharp and clear. Breath taking - literally and figuratively. I stood in my front yard where just a few months earlier my boys were soaking wet in their bathing suits. It was hard to believe this was the same place. The sky was so black and the moon was a crescent sliver of light (I tried to get a photo but the wind cut across my camera and made my eyes water so I could not keep the camera in focus).

This experience made me think of the Aurora Borealis...because where you can see these beautiful lights it is this cold, probably colder and it made me want to be there. Below is a shot of them from Finland.

{Visit Finland}


This shot is from Iceland.

{Kristjan Unnar Kristjansson}


Here is a view of them from space.

{Nasa IMAGE Satellite}

To think that something so beautiful comes from the collision of particles is absolutely amazing to me.

The infinite detail in God's creation is mind blowing.


In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
The earth was without form, and void;
and darkness was on the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
Genesis 1:1-3


Seeing the Aurora Borealis is one of the items on my 'Bucket List', which I don't really have written down anywhere. So I guess this is the official start of my documented list :)

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

3 comments :

  1. Love, Laughter & LaundryJanuary 14, 2014 at 6:55 PM

    It is certainly amazing how creative our God is, isn't it? No detail is left to chance when it comes to Him. My daughter and I marvel at the scarlet-spattered dawn sky on our way to school in the mornings (yes, we drive to school when it's still dark!), and each morning we exclaim, "Look at what The Lord has painted for us this morning!" Thanks for this beautiful reminder. Elin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you are funny :)....okay it is a "things to do before I get too old list!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sweet (even though waking up that early may not always seem so sweet... :) that you can share that with your daughter each morning. Those times make for the best memories. Thanks for stopping by, Elin :)

    ReplyDelete