Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Resolutions

Hello there. We are now 6 days into 2014, already six! Time can slip by so quickly. That is why I like reflecting, when I reflect, time seems to 'stick'.

So here goes with the results of my reflection.....a set of New Year's [Resolutions], goals, achievements, practices......you insert the word that makes you feel most comfortable.

This year I aim to....

Try Something New

1. Slow Cooked Beef Stew Over Rice. I got a jam up rice cooker for Christmas this year and the first thing I thought to make was Beef Stew (except I don't know how to make it, so this year, I will learn)

2. A Jesse Tree. This year Josh and I started to introduce our two boys to the story of Jesus' birth with a Little People Nativity that my Dad gave them. In future years, I want to do more with them during the season of Advent. I talked to Josh about this and he agreed to help me design and make the ornaments (that we will hopefully be sharing here on the blog) that depict the stories in the Bible leading up to Jesus' birth.

Do Some Things Better

1. Take Better Care of Myself. This resolution includes - drink more water, go to bed by 10:30, wash my face every night (I know!.....this is bad, that is why I need to do better :), and finally workout at least 3 times a week.

2. Send Birthday Cards. I have wanted to be better at this for years, but have never put a plan in action. This year, I have them all laid out on my calendar with reminders and such. I already have January's complete and ready to go in the mail....so we shall see if I can keep this up until December. If you would like a birthday card, please email me, mamabeenoe[at]gmail[dot]com, with your date and address and I will send you one :)

Keep On

1. Blogging. I am coming up on my one year blogging anniversary and don't plan to stop any time soon. I really enjoy writing and interacting with you.....so.....I will keep blogging :)

What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

2 comments :

  1. Boneless chuck roast, one jar pepperoncini peppers stemmed over the roast to capture all the juice, pour in remaining juice from jar, one packet Ranch dressing or like flavoring, simmer in crock all day or night. Serve over rice. The peppers meld into the roast so no worries that hey will be too much. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe!!!!! I will definitely try this :)

    ReplyDelete