Sunday, January 5, 2014

Not Working Out - That is What I Have Been Doing....

Hello, all you Mama Bee No E workout buddies, Happy New Year!

I have been avoiding this post :(

but I need to write it, even thought i don't want to, because a big part of this blog is my Restoration Journey.....all of it, the success and the failure.

Hopefully you have been doing more working out than I have these past 3 months, because I have worked out almost NONE :)

Over the summer I did quite a bit of working out [1] because I had a family beach vacation coming up in September and [2] the weather was so nice and mild, it just motivated me to be active.

I took a weekly Hip Hop Dance Class with a group of moms at a local church and I also starting attending a Fit Moms play group in addition to the strength training I was doing a couple of times a week. Both I loved and both I now greatly miss because they came to an end.

Family vacation came in September, we had a great time and I felt great in my bathing suit. Vacation went..... and then three months......and I still haven't worked out :) Have you ever done this? 'Taken a Break from working out' and then never returned?

Well, that is me. Working out is one of those things that if I take a 'break'....I lose my discipline all together and there I go off the cliff.

I am restarting my Restoration journey or refreshing or continuing (I don't know what this should be called) but I am not giving in to what I 'want' to do.

Here is why.

I am starting to feel physically old and weak again.

My back aches when I get out of bed in the morning.

And sometimes, when I reach in an awkward way to pick something up (like behind the couch), one of my shoulders gets a charley horse so bad my eyes water. Am I the only person this happens to? Cause MAN! it hurts so bad.

Also, I don't fit into my clothes as well as I would like and well....that just makes me feel bad about myself.

I have a couple of new changes to my workout routine that I will share in the days to come. And I am 'mildly' considering some diet changes as well (I am hesitant to do this - I will explain later, but I think a little change in this area will do me good as well).

Who is where I am? Anyone?
Or, if you have started something new with your workouts, I would love to know details.
OR! if you have had great success these last three months I would love to hear about that too.

I have missed you, workout buddies. Your feedback and comments are always so motivating to me :)

thanks for reading.

- brook.

facebook - bloglovin - twitter - pinterest

6 comments :

  1. I feel like working out always comes and goes like that! I am definitely feelin your pain just add 20ish pounds of baby:/ I have found that what helps me the most is start back slow with something like brisk walks and lunges in the living room.Take the pressure off and trick yourself into starting back;) lol! You will get that feeling back and remember why you liked to be active before. It is ALWAYS that first workout back from a hiatus that is the hardest. love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, you are always so encouraging when it comes to this. Thanks for writing such a sweet note. Your idea of starting slow and tricking your way back into it is a perfect way to start for me :) And you are right, the first workout is always the hardest. I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joney via FacebookJanuary 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM

    You look beautiful! I know I always feel better when I workout. Over Christmas break the intensity has slackened for me. Therefore I feel almost like I have a hangover from just not keeping as active. I think little changes work the best and so I am creating a new plan of action also. I will workout with you whenever you need a partner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joney!!!!!!! You are so sweet and encouraging. Yes! I want to workout with you. I always do better when I have other people around. Let's chat at group this next week to see how we can make that happen. Also, I would love to hear more about your new plan of action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! I know I always feel better when I workout. Over Christmas break the intensity has slackened for me. Therefore I feel almost like I have a hangover from just not keeping as active. I think little changes work the best and so I am creating a new plan of action also. I will workout with you whenever you need a partner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joney!!!!!!! You are so sweet and encouraging. Yes! I want to workout with you. I always do better when I have other people around. Let's chat at group this next week to see how we can make that happen. Also, I would love to hear more about your new plan of action.

    ReplyDelete