Friday, January 24, 2014

Visit

I am joining with a group of bloggers today for 5 minutes of writing. no editing.

The prompt - 'visit'.

This past week I went to visit a sick neighbor of mine.

What was meant to be a few minute visit turned into 2 hours.

She was in bed surrounded by her books and photos. It was so cozy.

She pulled me in with her kind words, rich stories, and deep heart felt encouragement.

She was like a magnet that drew me close and then sent me out feeling more like she had visited with me....rather than the other way around.

I am glad to know her and I hope she feels better soon.


Read posts from the other writers this week here.

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

4 comments :

  1. Your neighbor sounds lovely. It's awesome when you go trying to be a blessing to someone and they end up blessing you instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love finding encouragement in unexpected places? And I'm sure it lifted her spirits too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is kind of like an unexpected gift :) Thanks for stopping by, Alissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so. She is a dear lady. Thanks for visiting, Adela.

    ReplyDelete