Friday, February 7, 2014

Heart Stamp Valentine


Happy Friday! and not just any Friday.....it is Heart Health Awareness Friday :) All day I have been grateful for my Heart Health but also praying and thinking about many who are fighting so hard everyday to live with Congenital Heart Disease.

This is the last kids craft for Hugs and Love....next week I have a few other things planned to share with you for Valentines. Hopefully, you have found something to do with your littles among this week's daily posts.

If you have searched Pinterest for Valentine's Kids Crafts....you have probably seen this one. So, I won't be telling you anything new......but we had fun with this and I thought I would share the results :)

Here are the supplies......


1. finger paint   2. scissors   3. pen or marker    4. paper plate   5. card stock   6. toilet paper roll (several)   7. tape

Make a heart shape with your toilet paper roll and tape. I would make a couple extra because they get really deformed and soggy pretty quickly....that way you are ready and not leaving your toddler unattended with paint (like I did :).

Squirt paint on a plate and let them have at it :)


As usual, my oldest (34 months) was neat and tidy.


And my youngest (18 months) was a mess :) At one point he had a mouth full of red paint :)




I love how they turned out....they look like mini pieces of modern art.




I hope you guys have fun with this one. Don't forget to let me know how it goes if you try it.

Also - the day is still young, there is still time to put on something red in support of all the sick hearts out there.


This post is part of....


Thanks for reading.

- brook.

No comments :

Post a Comment