Wednesday, April 9, 2014

March 2014

Springtime always seems so short to me.

I think that is because I have not viewed it for the season it is.

In my mind, Spring = low seventies, sunny skies.

In reality, Spring = transition.

Of course, we have those gorgeous days in March and April, but they are sandwiched between drops in temperature and stormy weather.

Sunshine through the trees

Now that I finally realize this truth about Spring - that IT in and of itself is not a plateau of consistent weather conditions (more like Winter and Summer) but a back and forth.....I feel its true length.

This jostling back and forth is the outside waking up again.

A blanket of dogwood blooms

I never had a favorite tree until we moved into this house. Now, for sure, my favorite is the Dogwood.
They are so beautiful against all the green.

Backyard in the springtime

"Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For lo, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of singing has come,
And the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.
The fig tree puts forth her green figs,
And the vines with the tender grapes give a good smell.
Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away."

Song of Solomon 2:10-13

I hope you are having a 'full length' spring :)

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

No comments :

Post a Comment