Monday, May 19, 2014

Another Year

This post comes with one simple photo. I took this one while the boys were napping.



It is from [F]'s third birthday, this past April.

That day, rather than ticking through a list of detailed birthday party agenda items, I spent the morning with [F] and then prepared our home for an evening full of his favorites: Chick-fil-a, Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake, and those he knows best.

Last year, I walked around his birthday party with my camera. This year, I set my camera to fully automatic and handed it to someone else.

My vision was clear and my heart full of happiness and hope for my first born, little man.

At age three, he is so beautiful.
His eyes are so big and so blue.
His attention is sharp.
His heart is compassionate, even as he navigates his curvy path through toddler-hood.

I am so proud of him.

Happy Third Birthday to my biggest, little boy.

Thanks for reading.

- brook.


2 comments :

  1. That's beautiful. I can see how that made it a more special day where you could really be present. I'm thinking a lot about birthday 3 that's coming up and what direction to wisely go as a family (in relation to birthdays). So many decisions that effect the direction a family moves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Georgia.
    It was the best day - a great time for our family.
    We will definitely be doing birthdays that way again.

    ReplyDelete