Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Storm

Ever since I can remember, I have loved watching storms roll in.

When I was real little, we had this screened-in porch where I could sit in complete safety and take up audience to the most intense rain storms. 

Perched next to the screen, in a padded swivel chair that had a wooden base, I could feel the wind pushing through the space, sometimes carrying mists of rain with it.

Stormy sky with dark trees

I still watch storms. They make me feel swept up and turned around and so small.

As the temperature drops quickly and the wind ushers in new lighting, it magnifies the sensation that the Earth is moving.

On this particular day, the crows filled the sky, wings still, riding the wind as the pressure changed.

Stormy sky

This summer has brought storms almost daily.

Every time, they know where to find me......on the porch, watching intently.

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

No comments :

Post a Comment