Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sweet Disobedience

We were enjoying an unusually pleasant late June afternoon in the shade.

The boys disappeared around the corner of the house as I gave the 'final' call to go inside.

I started to put the bikes away and called them again........silence.

"[F]!, [B]!"....silence.

"If you hear me, you better answer so I know where you are!".......silence.

I walked around the back ready to get on to them for playing with the hose.

THEY ARE ALWAYS PLAYING WITH THE HOSE.

I have almost decided - they can't help it, there is some sort of atmospheric magnetic pull drawing them to the hose - that is the only reason they would disobey their mama this many times :)

Sure enough, they were with the hose, but I had to stop....

because big brother was washing little brother's feet.

"Does that feel better?" "Does that feel better, [B]?"

"Yeah, brother, yeah.....thanks"

They then turned off the hose and walked past me into the garage.

The sweetness continued as big brother took off little brother's sandals and helped him through the door.


They are good boys.

They do love each other.

I let these thoughts rush over me so they will be there in all the other moments when their disobedience isn't so sweet :)

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

2 comments :

  1. I love moments like this. Just the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Georgia :) - these are the ones that keep us mamas going, don't they?

    ReplyDelete