Saturday, December 13, 2014

Then Sings My Soul....

Recently, I had the opportunity to hand letter these song lyrics for someone.



Since then, I can not get this song out of my head.

But really, what a perfect song to have stuck in your head for this advent season.

Much of my advent season 2014 has been filled nursing my little ones back to health from the flu. I haven't been at my best physical self. I am tired from multiple sleepless nights in a row and weary from the endless amount of patience needed to reason with a toddler who is the sickest he has been his entire life.

But again, how perfect, really, for this advent season. Because in these days, the days leading up to the anniversary of Jesus' birth, I have little energy to create MY version of this special season. I have only enough to sing His praises.



p.s. Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill's version of this song is my favorite. And I confess, I imagine myself as Carrie when I sing this song - standing in my kitchen in my robe, at 1:00 pm, with one of my socks rotated around so the tread is on the top of my foot :) - I look just like her :)

I hope you are having a blessed Advent.

Thanks for reading.

- brook.

No comments :

Post a Comment