Saturday, January 31, 2015

November / December 2014

Over the course of my almost two years of writing here on this little blog, I have tried to summarize/document each month's most special moments. Most times my memories come in the form of photographs....this time, they come more in words.

This past Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons were so many moments wrapped up into one common focus - these two.

These boys have been charged to Josh and I - we will not have them long. Lord willing, we will have them under our care until they reach into a full and healthy adulthood, but ultimately they are close and under our wing for a finite time.

This past November and December we enjoyed lots of good food, family, and presents. We talked about and celebrated the goodness of the Lord in our lives - even though we were met with weeks of sickness and well intended plans broken due to circumstance.

There is so much we want them to know about this good and faithful God, especially when life doesn't look the way we planned.....that the beauty found in the lights and sparkle of the season don't even scratch the surface of the beauty of His love for us.

I can't believe it is already the last day of January 2015. I don't think I will ever get used to how slow and fast time seems to pass all at the same time.

Thanks for reading.

- brook.




No comments :

Post a Comment